Proposition 8 - Take 2
Last I checked "Thou Shalt Not Lie" was still one of the 10 commandments. Am I right?
Okay, so tell me why is it that the commercials airing FOR Prop 8 are full of absolute lies? How Hypocritical can you get? And you call yourself a Christian? You should be ashamed of yourself.
The lies are just disgusting.
Look, if you have some weird, moral issue against Gay Marriage, okay. (Although I still have no idea how allowing Same Sex marriages would somehow threaten heterosexual marriages, or somehow lesson the bond of marriage, and hell, in California it would really HELP our economy by keeping it legal, but I digress)
The TRUTH:
Churches will NOT loose their Tax Exemption status should Prop 8 be voted down.
Kids WILL NOT be taught about "Gay Marriage" in school. If you believe that, then I have a bridge to nowhere to sell ya.
NO ONE will be sued. Come on... if you believe that, then I really don't know what to say to you. Are Catholic churches sued for not letting their parishioners remarry after divorce? Are Rabbis sued for not marrying Jews and Christians? It simply will not happen.
Marriage has changed throughout the years. Back in the day it really had little to do with "Love". So to deny a couple who loves each other the opportunity to legalize their bond before God and family seems downright wrong to me.
As I mentioned before: It used to be illegal for people of different races to marry. How ridiculous does that seem to us now?
I know I keep repeating myself, but I just don't see what the point is in putting all this energy time and money into fighting against something that will have NO DIRECT EFFECT ON YOU WHATSOEVER!
Those "Christian" churches should use their money to HELP people, not HURT people.
Let's fight against causes worth fighting for: hunger, homelessness, child abuse, violent crime, gangs, aids, curing cancer... you get the idea...
Think of all the good that could have been done... things that could have really made a difference in so many lives... with the money these churches spent on advertising LIES for PROP 8.
Okay, so tell me why is it that the commercials airing FOR Prop 8 are full of absolute lies? How Hypocritical can you get? And you call yourself a Christian? You should be ashamed of yourself.
The lies are just disgusting.
Look, if you have some weird, moral issue against Gay Marriage, okay. (Although I still have no idea how allowing Same Sex marriages would somehow threaten heterosexual marriages, or somehow lesson the bond of marriage, and hell, in California it would really HELP our economy by keeping it legal, but I digress)
The TRUTH:
Churches will NOT loose their Tax Exemption status should Prop 8 be voted down.
Kids WILL NOT be taught about "Gay Marriage" in school. If you believe that, then I have a bridge to nowhere to sell ya.
NO ONE will be sued. Come on... if you believe that, then I really don't know what to say to you. Are Catholic churches sued for not letting their parishioners remarry after divorce? Are Rabbis sued for not marrying Jews and Christians? It simply will not happen.
Marriage has changed throughout the years. Back in the day it really had little to do with "Love". So to deny a couple who loves each other the opportunity to legalize their bond before God and family seems downright wrong to me.
As I mentioned before: It used to be illegal for people of different races to marry. How ridiculous does that seem to us now?
I know I keep repeating myself, but I just don't see what the point is in putting all this energy time and money into fighting against something that will have NO DIRECT EFFECT ON YOU WHATSOEVER!
Those "Christian" churches should use their money to HELP people, not HURT people.
Let's fight against causes worth fighting for: hunger, homelessness, child abuse, violent crime, gangs, aids, curing cancer... you get the idea...
Think of all the good that could have been done... things that could have really made a difference in so many lives... with the money these churches spent on advertising LIES for PROP 8.

1 Comments:
YES.
Manipulation of the facts to suit one's own agenda is the wrong way to play the game, I think.
(I tagged you in my blog, btw)
Post a Comment
<< Home