If Only
Okay, okay, this should be my non-partisan post about The Economy, but I tell ya folks, I'm really struggling being non-partisan right now. Hopefully, Thursday.
This post is all about Emma.
She asked why she didn't have school today. I told her because it's Rosh Hashanah. She asked what that was, and I said it is a Jewish Holiday where they pray for their sins, and for all the people in the world who have done bad things. (I may be wrong... I get Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur mixed up. It's been awhile since my marriage to Scott, and I'm not sure I ever understood the Jewish Holidays because he didn't know anything, and we went to services that were all in Hebrew, but I digress)
So, Emma asked, "Do they pray for the bad guys who flew their plane in the buildings in New York? The terrorists? That they'll turn good and get out of jail?"
Lord help me, WHAT?!
"Who talked to you about that?"
"Miss K..." she said. (Her Kindergarten teacher)
Once over my initial shock. (I'm not sure if I should be upset about this, or not. Maybe just caught off guard)
I said, "Well, I don't think they'll ever get out of jail" (I'm guessing Miss K left out the more gruesome details) "but they do pray for bad people, that they hate they have in their hearts will be turned into love, and they'll become good."
"Just like the Grinch", she said.
Exactly.
This post is all about Emma.
She asked why she didn't have school today. I told her because it's Rosh Hashanah. She asked what that was, and I said it is a Jewish Holiday where they pray for their sins, and for all the people in the world who have done bad things. (I may be wrong... I get Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur mixed up. It's been awhile since my marriage to Scott, and I'm not sure I ever understood the Jewish Holidays because he didn't know anything, and we went to services that were all in Hebrew, but I digress)
So, Emma asked, "Do they pray for the bad guys who flew their plane in the buildings in New York? The terrorists? That they'll turn good and get out of jail?"
Lord help me, WHAT?!
"Who talked to you about that?"
"Miss K..." she said. (Her Kindergarten teacher)
Once over my initial shock. (I'm not sure if I should be upset about this, or not. Maybe just caught off guard)
I said, "Well, I don't think they'll ever get out of jail" (I'm guessing Miss K left out the more gruesome details) "but they do pray for bad people, that they hate they have in their hearts will be turned into love, and they'll become good."
"Just like the Grinch", she said.
Exactly.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home