Thursday, May 17, 2007

Snowed

I completely fooled Tim for his Birthday. (His 49th was Yesterday). I bought tickets to the Dodger VS. Cardinal's game. We were directly inline with 1st Base, 4 rows from the field, right above the Cardinal Dugout. They were great seats. Anyway, he had forgotten the Cardinals were in town, and Monday night, our friend called to invite him to the game on Tuesday. I said he could go. I called on the way home from my P.E.O. meeting, asked about the game, and asked if that was their last night in town (hee hee hee). Wednesday I let him open 3 clues about where we were going. The first was the Latin name for Cardinal (the specific species that is on the team uniform), the second was the team record, and the third was a diamond with the date 1962 in the middle (the year Dodger Stadium opened). He still had no idea. While he was out running errands, I loaded the back of our car with coats, Cardinals shirts and hats. He asked what he should wear, and I told him casual, no need to dress warmly because we'd be inside.

Anyway, he opened the box on the way to them game and was completely surprised! He was even more surprised that I had actually gone online to see when they were in town, and thankful that I had packed the car with coats and fleece and Cardinal gear. It was fun. We had Dodger Dogs for dinner and just a fantastic time together. It was a great way to kick off his last year of being in his 40's. Now I've got to plan what to do for the big 50! Any ideas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home